Bend right leg and place right foot adjacent to left knee. With left hands, try to hold ankle of right foot. Rest opposite hand behind such that back is straight. Twist head to the side of bent leg. Hold.
Vakrasana (twisted pose)
1. Sit on the carpet, stretch the legs straight.
2. Fold the right leg. Keeps the right leg’s heel touching the left leg’s knee.
3. Take the right hand to back of the waist twisting your trunk, spread in palms and place it on the carpet.
4. Bring the left hand close to right knee and hold the right leg’s ankle or big toe with the left hand.
5. Twist the head and shoulder to right side and look straight to the right shoulder’s side (i.e back side).
6. Stay in the pose up to 30 counts breathing normally.
7. Turn the head to the front, release hands holding the right leg’s ankle or big toe, stretch the legs, keep the palm on the carpet in a relaxed manner and take rest for 10 seconds.
8. Now follow the same procedure to the left side. It is enough to practice 2 rounds (i.e 2 times in the right side and 2 times in the left side.).
Note: While holding, maintain normal breathing.
Benefits: It helps to reduce belly fat. It improves the function of both spinal cord and nervous system. Enlargement of liver and spleen are arrested. It helps to prevent and control diabetes. It kindles adrenal gland to function properly. Waist and back pain are overtaken.It strengthens kidney. Chronic back pain and shoulder pain are weeded out.