Make a fist of both hands with thumb inside.
Place hands on navel
While exhaling, bend forward and hold the pose for as long as possible.
Mandukasana (frog pose)
1. Comfortably sit in Vajrasana (thunderbolt Pose).
2. Close the fists of both hands.
3. While clinching the fists press your thumb inside with the fingers.
4. Place fists on the navel, then exhale and bend forward. Look straight.
5. Stay in this position for some time (hold the position as much as you can), inhale and come back to starting position (Vajrasana).
Repeat this for three to four times.
Note: While holding, maintain normal breathing.
Physical - on the normal breathing process. This will bring tranquillity to the mind if practised with the eyes closed.
Spiritual - on manipura chakra.
Benefits: Increases the quantity of insulin so it is beneficial for curing diabetes. Cure the problems related to stomach. It is beneficial in cardiovascular diseases. Useful for flexibility of thighs and legs. Reduces extra fat from thighs and hips. It improves the functioning of digestive system and excretory system. It cures the pain of ankles, knees and back.
Practice note: If there is pain in the thighs, the knees may be separated slightly while maintaining the posture. Beginners may find that their ankles ache after a short time in vajrasana. To remedy this, release the posture, sit with the legs stretched forward and shake the feet vigorously one after the other until the stiffness disappears. Then resume the posture. A folded blanket or small cushion may be placed between the buttocks and the heels for added comfort.